Recipe: Breakfast Tater Tot Tacos
Portion Size: 2 Tacos
Meal Components: 1.75 oz eq M/MA; 1.75 oz eq grain, 5/8 cup vegetable (1⁄2 cup starchy vegetable & 1/8 red/orange vegetable)
|Eggs, liquid whole, frozen (USDA or Commercial)||6 lb 4 oz||2 qt 2 1⁄2 cups|
|Nonstick cooking spray||2 sprays|
|Turkey bacon (such as Butterball)||3 lb||100 slices|
|Tater tots or gems, reduced sodium||15 lb 12 oz|
|Taco seasoning, no salt added||3⁄4 cup 1 Tbsp|
|6” Corn tortillas (at least 54 gm per 2)||11 lb 14 oz||200 each|
|Cheddar cheese, reduced fat, shredded (USDA or Commercial)||3 lb 2 oz|
|Salsa, low-sodium, canned (USDA or Commercial)||6 lb 14 oz||3 qt 1⁄2 cup (~1 1⁄4 #10 cans)|
1. Thaw eggs and turkey bacon: Thaw eggs in the refrigerator two days before use. Thaw bacon in the refrigerator one day before use. CCP: Hold at 40 °F or lower.
2. Cook Eggs: For every 50 servings, generously spray 1 (12” x 20” x 2-1/2”) steamtable pan(s) with cooking spray. Place 1 qt 1 1⁄4 cups (3 lb 2 oz) egg in the pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir eggs to move cooked egg from the edges to center. Cook for 5 more minutes or until no longer runny. Remove from the oven and chop into small pieces. (Tip: For fast and easy cutting, use a dough scraper.) CCP: Heat to 160 °F or higher for 15 seconds. CCP: Hold at 140 °F or higher.
3. Cook and cut bacon: Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. If bacon is pre-packaged on sheets of parchment paper, line full sheet pans with an additional sheet of parchment paper. Place 4 parchment sheets of bacon in a single layer on each lined pan. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. CCP: Heat to 165 °F or higher for 15 seconds. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut bacon slices in half. CCP: Hold at 140 °F or higher.
4. Season and cook potatoes: Preheat oven to 450 F̊ . Place each 5 lb bag of tater tots in a 4” steamtable pan or large bowl. Toss with 1⁄4 cup (1 oz) taco seasoning. Place in a single layer on a full sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or according to manufacturer’s directions.
5. Heat tortillas: Place in steamtable pans and cover. Place in the warmer for 1 hour before service. (Note: Check to be sure they are covered tightly enough to prevent them from drying out.)
6. Build Tacos: Place 2 tortillas in a U shape in 2 pound (#220 paper boats). Place 1⁄2 slice bacon in the center of each tortilla. Top each bacon slice with 1⁄4 cup (4 tater tots or half of 4 oz spoodle), 1⁄2 oz egg (half of #16 scoop), and 1⁄4 oz cheese (half of 1 oz spoodle). Serve 2 Tbsp (#30 scoop) salsa on the side.
Nutrients Per One Serving
|Total Diety Fiber||6||g|
Components Per One Serving
|1.75||oz. eq.||1.75||oz. eq.||5/8||cup(s)||0||cup(s)||0||cup(s)|
|0||oz. eq.||1/8||oz. eq.||0||cup(s)||1/2||cup(s)||0||cup(s)|